Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sparkly Owl of course...



So this card started out as a technique challenge for me.  I saw this card by uber talented Julie Ebersole.  Now I did do the covering the cardstock in glitter part, um and I was rather sparkly for a while.  You have been warned if you use this technique.  I decided that I would risk using a rainbow Big Juicy pad as I wanted to use this owl image for the card.  Nothing ventured nothing gained right?  So I stamped and would have crossed my fingers but was afraid that would affect my stamping.  

Then I wanted to create a panel with these rounded squares from Gina K Designs, Lots of Letters set.  I stamped and embossed them with clear embossing power to add another texture to the card.  Yeah, the stamping isn't perfect, but I kinda like it like that.  It seems mosaic-y (a good ol made up word by me).

I really like color with black and white.  Maybe I should have been a cartoonist.  But it always makes me smile in a grabbing the Sunday "Funnies" out of the paper before handing it to dad sort of way.  Am I the only one that used to do that? 


It was about at this point that it struck me that this would be a good card without the main image and a great masculine card so I should snap a picture when I assemble it.  And yeah, I did contemplate just not using the image, but the whole point of the card is that my mom like's owls... 

So then I got to thinking... this would probably make a great Masculine card.... so I decided to take a couple of pictures of the card assembled without the main image.  So here is the card without the owl image:



And here is the card with the main image as I completed it.  I think it could have worked either way.


Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 x 5.5 inches
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth, Wassau Textured paper black
Stamps - Gina K Designs: Lots of Letters; Kitchen Sink Stamps: Ready 4 any Holiday; Inkadinkado: Birds Galore;
Ink - Big & Juicy rainbow pad
Accessories - clear embossing powder, adhesive sheet, glitter, brads.

No comments: