Thursday, June 20, 2013

Using a prize for a Happy Anniversary!


A little while ago I entered a challenge on CASology for "word" and won on Week 20 for "word".  The prize was a wonderful set of stamps from A-muse.  I always think that the best compliment is to use a gift/prize and that was the inspiration for this ombre card for my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law's anniversary.  I think the effect is more subtle in person especially on that second heart!  



The first thing I did was to punch the border.  After that I stamped the hearts and followed that with the sentiment.  To tie it all together I added ribbon under the punched border.  What you can't see is that I used the softest pink to continue the heart theme on the inside of the card and the envelope.



Thought I would share this last picture so you could see the difference between showing this card upright and laying down so that the ribbon would show.

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 inches x 5.5 inches
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White;
Stamps - Amuse Studio: hearts a'plenty (couldn't find online so may be retired); Kitchen Sink Stamps: 3 Step Roses & Hearts;
Ink - Memento: Angel Pink, RoseBud, Rhubard Stalk;
Accessories - EK Success (don't have exact name); American Craft Ribbon;