Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Prismacolor Pencils Peony Party*

*well birthday really, but that didn't roll off the tongue as easily.

Anyway, I made this card for my mother-in-law for her birthday next week.  I took another lesson from Lindsay the Frugalcrafter and just kept working my pencils rather than relying on any solvent based blender (like this video). I LOVE how it all turned out. Now if I had been clever I would have told you how this was all planned out. Honestly I was playing with my Prismacolors after not getting the results I wanted with my normal watercolor pencils. It wasn't necessarily bad just not what I wanted. 



Also what I didn't want was my flower floating in the middle of the page or to die cut or fussy cut it so I cut a mask and stamped around it. It was definitely out of my comfort zone but I think it works. 

Full disclosure! Here's the watercolor attempt! I think I like more water than cardstock will allow so watercolor paper from now on. Also I was trying to do the whole invisible stamping thing...need to get working on that some more.



Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Recollections white 65lb & 110lb for base, blue;
Stamps - Stampendous - Jumbo Peony; Cornish Heritage Farms - grid paper; Kitchen Sink Stamps - Whole Family;
Ink - Gina K Designs - black onyx; Memento - pear tart, bamboo leaves, bahama blue, danube blue, rose bud;
Color - Prismacolor pencils

No comments: