Saturday, April 26, 2014

Camera Cheese Birthday!

So I saw this wonderful video by Darlene and it is inspired me to look at what I had to make a birthday card for our uncle who has a love for photography (and cheese).


I used my Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge to make most of the cuts in either black or white.  Because none of my black cardstock is that thick, I cut two backs and two fronts in the shadow setting to give it some strength.


I chose the white because I wasn't sure what color I wanted that layer.  I chose a dark grey that looks a lot darker in person.  I did want it to look textured but didn't want to emboss it or make it too dark because I wanted the contrast with the black.  After taking a tip from Darlene I colored my flash and viewfinder by flicking the color.  The yellow really makes a splash of color on the card.


Stickles added to the yellow make it special without making it girly.


I cut a bit of packaging for the front of the lens and patterned paper for the inside. 


Also used my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities to the black circle because I felt it needed an extra layer.  The white cardstock around the lens I wanted to have a metallic sheen.

The top black layer I stamped and embossed with the sentiment.


A nice matching envelope to set it off and this is a case where the card turned out better than my imagination.  I just wish the grey looked better in the photo.  

Ingredients
Card size - approximately 6.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Recollections black and white 65lbs, Recollections paper, upcycled packaging for lens;
Stamps -
Ink - Versamark; Gina K Color Companions Black Onyx
Color - Copics; Sakura metallic silver gel pen
Accessories - Stickles

No comments: