Sunday, August 3, 2014

Swing card Anniversary

I found this card nearly impossible to photograph - I hope it comes across as pretty on screen as I thought it was in real life.  It is a diecut swing card but I modified it from the Splitcoaststamper tutorial as I didn't need to extend the die cut into the back of the card to get the swing.  I notice that the example in the tutorial is very 3D, well that just isn't going to happen in my international postage, card making world. HA!HA!

With lots of trepidation and too much worrying about getting it right the first thing I did was glue my patterned paper to my cardstock using YES! paste.  Oh my that stuff is gorgeous and I am glad I picked it up on clearance at Michaels.  It was my first time using it and I used the video instructions from Lindsay, the Frugalcrafter and it was sooooooo easy peasy.  It is going to be my go to way of adhering large sheets of paper to cardstock from now on.

I proceeded to die cut the card and the paper to cover the card and the cardstock to cover the paper that covers the card and... well you get the idea.

The inside panel is a happy accident.  I was going to go ahead with a really soft tone of pink and when I stamped it I thought, "Hmmm I'm having trouble actually seeing it!" so I ghosted it with gold metallic ink stamped over the top and I think it really looks special.  I will be honest, although this is an anniversary card it was LATE LATE LATE - so I just went with thinking of you.  You know, who doesn't like to be thought about?!

The front panel was stamped with Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 step stamps.  I kept is soft by stamping the same color with each step.  I LOVE that panel and look.

I decided I wanted to emboss vellum for the salutation (is there a better word? that seems so formal), so I die cut the vellum to fit over the center of the stamped panel and then stamped and heat embossed.


Once that was done some strategic glue placement and some pearls to accent it all.

With some left over patterned paper I decorated the envelope to match.


Ingredients
Card size - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
Cardstock - Recollections: 65lbs; Vellum; Basic Gray: Sugared paper stack;
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps: 3 step Hearts and Roses, Whole Family; Hero Arts: CL342
Ink - Memento: Angel Pink, New Sprout; Versamark

Color - Gold pen
Accessories - Pearls, Zing!: White Embossing powder;
Tools - Spellbinders: Grand Dies; Scor Pal; Yes! paste





No comments: