Friday, June 19, 2015

Butterfly Time Silver Anniversary Thank Yous


We recently celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary and I needed to send out a few thank yous.  




My inspiration for these cards was the silver, clocks, and butterflies, which all related back to the gifts we received, as well as all the colorburst/watercolor techniques so many talented cardmakers are using at the moment.  I can't justify buying any more coloring products so I made do with my watercolors and a splatter technique after stamping the clock stamp in Delicata silver.


I know it isn't strictly colorburst but it seems to imitate the part I like, that moment when the color hits the paper and bursts into many patterns and colors.  So my happy little heart just splattered away!  And I love the white space it left too.


With the clock and gears they were stamped before any techniques and I love the way the splatters layer on the shimmer of the Delicata ink.  I also decided to add the vellum for the sentiment to emphasize the subtlety of the shimmer.



The butterfly was stamped at the end and layered upon the splattered colors.

What it took -
Card size - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 in
Cardstock - Recollections 110 lbs white, 65lbs gray; Watercolor paper; Vellum;
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 Step Butterflies; Kitchen Sink Stamps, Stampendous Many Thanks; Hero Arts Watch Gears;
Ink - Delicata Silver; Memento Angel Pink, Memento Rose Bud;
Color - Koi Watercolors

2 comments:

Paula said...

These are beautiful. I saw your post on the FB group and had to come over here to see more. I am subbing your blog. It looks great.

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous work on these stunning thank you cards!! What a fabulous mix of images you used to create these remarkable cards!

Congratulations on your silver anniversary!