Sunday, July 12, 2015

University of Louisville Graduation Shaker Card.


 Sometimes the simplest cards take the longest time to keep them simple.  I think the photography doesn't do this card justice.  I wanted to do more stamping on the outside of the card but got involved in adhering it and remembering all the layers before I stamped it and then didn't want to mess it up.


I wish I had thought to seal in the glitter embossing powder.  Oh well, there will always be a next time and feedback is the recipient liked it.  I did use Love Letter and Rhubarb Stalk to get the right shade of red to match the embossing powder.

What it took:

Card size - 5 1/4" x 5 1/4";
Cardstock - Recollections 110lb;
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 Step Graduation;
Ink - Memento Gray Flannel, Tuxedo Black, Love Letter, Rhubarb Stalk; Gina K Designs Black Onyx;
Accessories - Zing! red glitter embossing powder; Acetate sheet; Seed beads.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

It looks like a great celebration card. I get the not remembering to stamp till too late. I recently forgot the acetate in what was intended to be a shaker card, until I'd gone too far to pull all the foam off.